Who are we?
Preiskel & Co is a business law firm based in the City of London that specialises in UK and international corporate, commercial and regulatory matters. We work for governments, multinationals and owner managed businesses as well as for leading law firms that turn to us for our sector specific experience.
The firm is particularly recognised for its experience in the telecommunications sector, though it also has significant expertise in a range of other fields.
How can we help you?
We focus on helping clients like you in every aspect of their business such as:
- Corporate – you will find, as our clients do, that we completely understand the corporate world as well is the wider legal and business picture.
- Commercial – commercial agreements are the life blood of your business. We know what is important to your business, work to your timelines, and we focus on results.
- Regulatory – we command a leading reputation and boast impressive experience in telecoms, online gaming and other regulatory matters in the UK, EU, and across the world.
- Employment – our clients face many employment issues and we advise on all aspects of hiring, dismissal, poaching and protection of client IPR and proprietary information.
- Dispute resolution – we can assist you in avoiding contentious matters and should any arise, we will ensure that the dispute is dealt with in a commercial manner.
- Content liability – we advise on defamation, privacy, copyright, confidentiality, trading and advertising standards.
Preiskel & Co can provide you with the benefit of its experience in a range of sectors including:
- Telecommunications – the firm and its partners are internationally recognised for their leading expertise advising major international fixed and wireless operators, governments, regulators as well as owner managed operators and resellers throughout the world.
- Online & mobile gambling – licensing, offshore structuring, prize competitions and premium rate services.
- E-commerce & internet – software licensing agreements, website terms and conditions, online sales and privacy issues.
- Information technology – IT contracts for suppliers and customers including outsourcing agreements.
- Media – IPTV, broadcasting, video games, user generated content, adult content and mobile content.
- Leisure – restaurants, spas, retail chains, toy manufacturers and franchising agreements.
- Sports – football club acquisition and player related contracts.
- Energy & minerals – international energy projects and mining operations, some listed on the UK AIM market.
- Public sector – public procurement, lobbying, freedom of information, and judicial review.
The International Angle
We understand the challenges of working in different jurisdictions with their particular cultures and ways of doing business. Our multilingual lawyers are experienced in advising on matters across the globe. For example, during 2009 alone we advised on matters in the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Cyprus, USA, South Africa, Ecuador, Mali, Zambia, Korea, Japan, The Bahamas, Israel and Russia.
Why use Preiskel & Co?
At Preiskel & Co we aim to provide our clients with the benefit of fast, practical, relevant and cost-effective advice based on our legal expertise and understanding of our clients’ business needs.
According to our clients, they like using Preiskel & Co as:
“They know how to achieve impressive results.”
“Their personal service has to be number one on the list. And their level of pragmatism... they recognise you can interpret law to an extreme - and they align themselves to our business.”
“I can talk to the partners directly... they understand the commercial aspect of the legal work.”
“They’re fast. This is very important for us.”
“They set out the timescale and what they are going to achieve and achieve it.”
“They are very responsive and helpful we work closely with them. They act quickly and respond well.”
“Offer competitive hourly rates and innovative pricing structures.”
“They have an understanding of the mentality, culture and way of doing business here.”*
An independent survey of our clients also found that “without exception, every one of our clients would recommend us again.”*
What the experts say about Preiskel & Co
Chambers and Partners (the leading independent research guide) recommends the firm and states:
“This firm understands that one size does not fit all, showing a rare level of pragmatism.”
“Clients praise its lawyers for having a ‘well-balanced, commercial approach to legal work and doing deals...”
* Source: independent survey conducted by Archangel Communications