Brenda is an Associate at Preiskel & Co and is dual qualified as an English solicitor and a Spanish abogado. She currently advises on commercial and corporate agreements for national and international clients and keeps abreast of the latest regulatory developments in the media, telecommunications, and e-commerce sectors under English and Spanish law.
She recently spent nine months working as a legal counsel in the Marketing, Consumer and Sales Legal Team of one of the main mobile operators in the UK, providing day-to-day legal approval of marketing communications, propositions, promotions, social media, terms and conditions, m-commerce including mobile payments and online advertising, devices, handset supply and distribution arrangements including retail operations and relations with key suppliers, legal aspects of network management, intellectual property matters including branding and patent matters and content agreements.
Brenda has been practising for more than seven years, and is particularly experience on:
- advising on commercial and corporate agreements for national and international clients;
- provide legal advice on regulatory developments in the media, telecommunications, technology, employment, data protection and e-commerce sectors under English and Spanish law;
- drafting shareholders’ agreements, articles of association, share option schemes and share purchase agreements;
- advising clients on compliance with gambling and prize competitions and e-commerce;
- advises international clients on the incorporation of UK companies/subsidiaries in the United Kingdom;
- providing regulatory and commercial advice on regulatory and commercial matters related to content websites;
- drafting commercial agreements such as software licence, distribution, consultancy agreements, or IP licensing agreements.
After her studies she worked for several years at the Madrid office of Baker & McKenzie as an associate where she gained international experience representing clients in commercial law, technology, employment and data protection matters.
Brenda has also a degree in translation and Interpretation and speaks English, Spanish, and French.