Maddi is a Trainee Solicitor at Preiskel & Co and an experienced litigation paralegal.
For a number of years, she worked on cases for claimants on small claims, fast track and multi-track matters and has advocated in County Court applications as outdoor clerk. She also has experience in the regulatory and healthcare environments, having worked as an investigator at the Nursing and Midwifery Council before joining Preiskel & Co.
Some of the recent matters she has worked on include:
- Acting for the Claimant in the award winning Streetmap v Google, stand-alone UK High Court case.
- Acting for the Appellant in an appeal against a High Court ruling on abuse of dominance.
- Acting for a telecommunications network infrastructure operator in a regulatory appeal in the Competition Appeal Tribunal.
- Acting for a telecoms client during phase 1 and phase 2 merger investigations by the European Commission.
- Acting for clients opposing mergers under phase 1 and/or phase 2 investigation by the Competition and Markets Authority.
- Acting for a client on proposing remedies packages to the EU Commission.
- Acting for a client submitting a formal complaint to the EU Commission for abuse of dominance.
- Acting for clients preparing responses to requests for information from the EU Commission in abuse of dominance.
- Acting for a minority shareholder in a large corporate dispute.
- Mediation in a large corporate dispute.
Maddi also provides support in the corporate and commercial teams. She assists with company secretarial work and corporate compliance, including filings with Companies House and company secretarial work for a non-for profit trade organisation.
Maddi is a member of the IIC, the CLA and has co-contributed to the 2016 edition of ‘Getting the Deal Through’ Foreign Investment Review with Tim Cowen. Maddi has a particular interest in online sectors and developing technologies, such as artificial intelligence and driverless cars.
Maddi holds an LLB from the London School of Economics and Political Science and is currently studying for her Legal Practice Certificate and an LLM in International Legal Practice.