Charles is a former partner of two substantial central London firms, and has over 20 years’ experience as a litigator acting for Plc’s, small and medium enterprises, and high net worth individuals, in a variety of sectors, including Telecoms Media and Technology.
He is used to acting for clients in the County Court, the High Court, and in the Court of Appeal, both for Claimants and Defendants. He has wide experience of negotiating settlements, and representing clients at mediation and at “round table” meetings.
He has extensive advocacy experience in interlocutory matters, in the County Court and before Masters in the High Court, and is also used to instructing senior and junior counsel where appropriate.
His recent work includes:
- Acting for a Spanish company in relation to a payment redirection scam
- Bringing proceedings for breach of contract against a company operating a cryptocurrency platform
- A breach of warranty dispute relating to the sale and purchase of a telecoms company
- A dispute in relation to a non compete clause
- A breach of confidence action on behalf of a senior executive of a major pharmaceutical company
- A dispute relating to the literary estate of a well known author
- Enforcement action in respect of a Danish judgment in the UK
- Acting for a Russian telecoms company in a dispute relating to the applicable tariff in a contract with a German service provider
He acts for Spanish clients in cross border disputes, and is used to advising in Spanish when required.
His work covers all aspects of enforcement including execution; charging orders; third party debt orders; attachment of earnings orders, oral examinations; statutory demands and bringing and opposing winding up petitions.
Charles studied modern languages at Newcastle University, and prior to becoming a solicitor worked for a Spanish bank in the City. He is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese and a member of the British Spanish Society.
Outside activities include tennis, and horse riding.