D A T Green has a mixed contentious and non-contentious practice dealing with a range of commercial, media, communications, public law, and public policy matters.
Areas of legal expertise include:
– contract and commercial law (both in dealing with disputes and in drafting / negotiating commercial agreements);
– media law (including clearances, content liability, privacy and confidentiality, non-disclosure agreements, defamation, and copyright);
– communications law (including regulatory and competition law);
– internet and social media law;
– public law and public policy (including judicial review, freedom of information, and public procurement); and
– the impact of Brexit.
– international corporations and large and small companies;
– charities, public bodies, pressure groups, political organisations and political figures; and
– service providers, executives, creators, publishers, producers, journalists and others working in the media and communications sectors.
– acting in cases up to and including the Supreme Court and the European Court of Justice;
– being the successful appeal solicitor in the leading case on social media and criminal liability under the Communications Act;
– providing evidence at the Leveson Inquiry and before parliamentary committees;
– providing expert evidence on English commercial law before a foreign court; and
– being theTimes ‘lawyer of the week’ and one of the Lawyer magazine’s ‘Hot 100’.
Educated at a local comprehensive school and tertiary college, and then at Oxford and Birmingham Universities.
Called to the Bar by Lincoln’s Inn with Hardwicke and Sir Thomas More scholarships.
Trained as a solicitor at Baker & McKenzie before becoming a litigation solicitor at Herbert Smith and then a government lawyer at the Treasury Solicitor.
Been a consultant with Preiskel & Co LLP for over ten years.
As David Allen Green, also an award-winning writer and commentator on law and policy matters, a contributing editor at the Financial Times, and a columnist at Prospect.
Lord Justice Leveson, Report into the Culture, Practices and Ethics of the Press
Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2013
“very good on litigation strategies”