Karthyaeni is a Corporate Associate at Preiskel & Co and is dual qualified as an English Solicitor and an Indian Advocate. She holds an LLM in International Commercial Law from Kings College London, where she specialized in Syndicated Lending, International Bonds, Project Finance & Loan Sales and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Her practice focuses on international corporate transactions in relation to venture capital funding, early stage fundraising, private equity, private M&A transactions, cross-border investments, joint ventures and general shareholder matters in the technology and the food retail sector.
She is particularly experienced in advising on capital & debt financing, restructuring and handling investment processes from term sheets to closing. Her recent experience includes:
- advising a data centre in Moscow in its fundraisings from major financial institutions such as IFC (part of World Bank) and Sumitomo Corporation;
- advising on various rounds of fundraisings including rights issue, venture capital funding and debt restructuring transactions for a restaurant chain in Moscow;
- assisted in the sale of a minority interest and corporate restructuring of a payment processing provider in South America;
- advising on a joint venture for the construction of a Solar power plant in Mongolia;
- assisted in advising on a US$20m revolving credit loan facility to an Iranian Petrochemical company;
- assisted in advising a financial and data clearing mobile service provider relating to its fundraising;
- assisted on a US$38m confidential invoice discounting deal for an online trading exchange service company in the telecommunication services sector;
- advising in the joint venture for an international financial communications advisory firm;
- advising on convertible debt instruments in relation to an investment in a FinTech start-up;
- advising a document and information management company in its 100% sale of its issued share capital for £6.5million with a deferred consideration of £500,000;
- assisting on the sale and restructuring of a travel services company in Moscow.
She also supports clients across numerous corporate and company secretarial matters including setting up of limited liability companies, partnerships and overseas company registrations in the UK from a compliance perspective along with providing assistance with Companies House filings. She is also acquainted with corporate compliance and worked on due diligence reviews.
Prior to moving to UK, Karthyaeni graduated law with a first class distinction from Gujarat National Law University (one of India’s top four National Law Schools) and worked at various leading law firms of India in corporate and commercial litigation on an internship basis.