Matthew is an Associate Solicitor in the Corporate team at Preiskel & Co, advising on a broad range of projects in the technology, media and entertainment sectors.
Together with advising on UK and international mergers and acquisitions, equity investments, shareholder arrangements and other general corporate law matters, Matthew regularly provides commercial advice to clients in the entertainment sector, particularly on film and television financing, production and distribution.
His recent experience includes:
- Advising the production company for British film ‘Blinded by the Light’ (2019), in which he is credited as production counsel, on its film financing deal with Ingenious Media (London) and Levantine (Los Angeles), later acquired by Warner Bros/New Line Cinema for $16m.
- Advising a U.S. technology client (focusing on development of advanced security and blockchain capabilities) on its acquisition of the entire issued share capital of a UK-based developer of secure mobile blockchain-based payment applications.
- Acting as production counsel for ‘The Banishing’, advising on all legal production issues and the financial close.
- Advising the sellers of an online marketing company on the sale of the company’s entire issued share capital to a bank based in Luxembourg.
- Advising a disruptive technology/life sciences client on its latest fundraising round by venture capital and other investors.
- Advising a film production company on its bridge financing with a senior secured media lender and associated chain of title analysis.
Prior to joining Preiskel & Co, Matthew worked at international law firms including Reynolds Porter Chamberlain, where he qualified as a Solicitor, and Linklaters prior to commencing his Training Contract.