From Exploitation to Commercialisation
Intellectual Property is at the very heart of development, innovation and creativity. We advise our clients on protecting and maximising the value of their trademarks, patents, designs, copyright, and goodwill.
For our clients, we carry out trademark and patent searches and applications, advising on all aspects of Intellectual Property portfolio management, licensing, and commercialisation.
On the investment and corporate side, we carry out IPR due diligence, evaluating the Intellectual Property assets and exposure to third party claims, which is often essential for prospective purchasers.
Exploitation and Licensing
We review, draft, and negotiate contracts regarding protection and exploitation of Intellectual Property, whether a trademark or patent to license, a film to produce, music to record, an App or software solution to license. In doing so we are highly alert to the intersection between Intellectual Property and other areas of law such as competition, employment, advertising and media, and the implications of new media.
When it comes to patents, our philosophy is that the patent should reflect not only the immediate results in terms of product protection, but also a crucial asset in terms of long term commercialisation and business strategy.
Therefore along with patent drafting and prosecution we recognise the crucial role of periodical monitoring of our clients’ IPR portfolios, in light of their underlying objectives.
We provide the following services in relation to trademarks:
- Online trademark searches;
- Filing of new applications for trademark registration;
- Oppositions to applications for trademark registration;
- Trademark registration renewal;
- Transferring title by assignment;
- Claims for injunctions and damages for infringement of registered trademark and passing off proceedings;
- Drafting and negotiating trademark licences; and
- Management of large trademark portfolios.
For further information, contact Daniel Preiskel, Senior Partner.